poniedziałek, 24 sierpnia 2009

Swedish, Silesian, Czech, Hungarian, Australian, Finish... everywhere around

I was watching a lot of Czech movies when I came back. As I've said, I had desire for everything that has anything to do with Czech Republic. When there was railway catastrophe of Polish train in Czech I had impression I caused it by too much thinking about that country, too much negative thinking as well. The movie I recommend you especially is not Czech however, it's Danish, although it's about Czech Republic, about Prague (and it's called "Prague", directed by Ole Christian Madsen). Jan comes from Prague. It contains gay motive as well which makes it even more connected to Jan. But I don't recommend it because of that connection. I do because it's quite good, interesting movie. It's about everlasting love that has pity consequences for others, that hurts people involved. It's about death of old love and birth of a new one, about loneliness, finding way leading to others, finding the purpose, trying to understand ourselves, seeking for a goal... Subjects old but still fresh and pleasing if shown in interesting way. But it's also about beautiful city which is contaminated with postcommunist heritage and full of customs that have to seem very exotic for outsiders.

Czech and Scandinavian cinematography is well known for its quality but both are very different. It's interesting to see mix of those differences. And I want to warn you not to watch the trailer. It's very misleading, it announce the romantic story which the movie is not at all.


I watched another Czech movie few days ago - "The Country Teacher" by Bohdan Sláma. I'm not sure how comprehensible it may be for western Europeans but for me, as eastern one, it's very true, very close to life. That's something rare in the cinema and ironically that's something that cinema is all about - to portrait life possibly accurately even if it contains poetic scenes like the one on the balcony which is, by the way, ended with very interesting from formal point of view transition to the next one.


The movie brought Hana on my mind, surprisingly Jan less. What unvaryingly reminds me of him is Tibet and Tibetan issues. I will explain one day why.

I remember the things related to Tibetan issue occurred with great intensity at that time because of Olympic Games taking place in Peking then. Review of Buddhist movies, the Dalai Lama visit in European Parliament and so on. I made use of Tibetan wallpaper and I didn't take it off of my computer so far. It brings Jan on my mind not less than any Czech matter.


I've got also another wallpaper for you:


The European Parliament is in the left upper corner.

Suddenly I started noticed everywhere not only Tibetan and Czech matters but also the ones related to Hungary, Sweden, Finland, Silesia (the region where Marta comes from), Australia which Kathrin is more crazy about than me about Germany and that's why I associate Australia with Kathrin much more than her homeland, Germany.

It's utill today like that, less intensive but still. Connections all around. I watched for the nth time "Star Trek First Contact" few days ago. Let me show you fragment of it. Girls will understand what it is all about. ;-)



As I said, I encounter those associations everywhere. Those are small things sometimes. Like expression hearing somewhere which meaning Kathrin explained me once. The whole situation is recalling then... One asks themselves in situation like that – Do those things occur to me more frequently or frequency didn't change but my attitude did and I notice them more easily.

What was interesting there were moments that I started to miss my German friends, the ones I've met 6 years ago, even more than the Belgian ones. Especially Birgit, my wonderful, wise Birgit who taught me so much. The rules of love influence your memory. When you experience strong feelings to group of people you develop feelings to the others as well. Old true, isn't it?

Live long and prosper!

Brak komentarzy: