poniedziałek, 10 sierpnia 2009

Some Burkhard's photos

Animals:

Bear, 1996

Elephant, 1996


Human body:

Seville, 2007

Feet, 1980


Cities:

Los Angeles, 1999

Chicago, 1994


Nature:

Rio Negro, 2002




Rio Negro, 2002


Documentary/people:

Cuba, 2005


And this is Helsinki (1999). It brought Jaana on my mind. I really enjoyed it being exposed at the exhibition. Thanks to it I felt connection with her. It felt warm. And cold at the same time given that it's so snowy scenery.



And now compare this photo...

Arm, 1980-82

(...) with Mapplethorpe's one:

Aren't they alike? It's like Mapplethorpe's "Fish on a paper" and Rafael's one which I was writing about two entries below. Similarities. Similarities all around. Isn't this kind of coincidences puzzling? Art is like collection of limited number of elements and makes them fresh and desirable again and again by putting them in new contexts and presenting in new ways. The same schemes, the same ideas, still new and delightful over the centuries. It's fascinating. It proves Volcans has chosen their basic philosophical motto accurately: Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.

By the way, I watched "Star Trek - The Original Series" for the first time recently. It took me about twenty years of maturing to get ready to watch it without any aversion, to watch it not only as memento of its times but really enjoy it.

And you know, the Arm presented above... It was remarkable! I liked it very much. It was huge, probably the biggest picture I've ever seen. The entire wall was covered with it and it was really beautiful.

That's it for today. Live long and prosper, my friends (and all trekkies all over the world)!

Brak komentarzy: